Apr 11, 2008

Homemade garlic bread

I love garlic bread a lot especially as an accompaniment to soups and pastas..
Decided to try it at home..I made french bread last week at home and dint take photos as I didnt have the idea of blogging them..Later I decided to make garlic bread with those and they came out too good..So hurriedly I took some snaps and here is how I prepared it..
It is very quick to prepare if you have even store brought french bread at home..
It can also be tried using any type of bread but tastes best 
when french bread is used.

           

Ingredients

French bread - 6 slices
Garlic cloves - 5
Oregano dried - 1 teaspoon
Basil and parsley - chopped 1/2 cup
Butter
Salt to taste

Directions

Combine the  chopped garlic cloves,oregano,basil and parsley in a blender.
Preheat oven to 350 degree fahrenheit..
Apply sufficient amount on the bread slices and then apply this blended mixture over it..
Now place these slices in a baking sheet and bake them for about 7 to 8 minutes until they turn 
golden and crunchy..
Serve them hot along with soups, pastas or any dish of your choice..

            

16 comments:

  1. Are you making "Baguette" at home. Really it is so good the outcome, i never venture in bread seeing u i should give a try next week! Well done Div!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bread, Divya! I never baked a bread at home. After seeing all of you I feel like baking one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!lovely bread divya:))kalakunga..garlic bread is my favorite too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Divya.I always made garlic bread at home but I use only parsley.I guess combining more herbs would be tasting much better.
    The french bread is absolutely great.I never put my hands in bread.Will try ur way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely. Nice try. By the way, I wanted to tell you this from a long time. i love the name of your blog - Dil Se.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bread Divya ...I love garlic break too but never baked it at home and will surely try

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Bread Rani" Divya peru kuduthidalam pola irukke. Good one. Like many others who have commented here, I have also been postponing "the bread baking" episode. Hope to do it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing dear.I like garlic bread so much......Will sure try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since u used all the herbs that I use normally, will definitely love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love garlic bread, never thought of making at home though. Thanks for the recipe, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow very nice recipe, looks great, nice entry..

    ReplyDelete
  12. adding herbss will enhance the taste of garlic bread,nice recipe divya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Garlic Bread looks great. Nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks crunchy,crispy...can this ne dove without oven,i hve microwave but no otg..:-(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Divya, Garlic Bread is a favourite at my place but its usually the store bought frozen one. I have never made it at home, but I would surely like to try out your recipe for this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am equally a big fan of garlic bread :) Will surely try this ..

    www.kankanasaxena.net

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...