Jul 13, 2008

Channa masala

I love to have pooris only with channa..I also love bread channa..However I never got to try it myself until now..This was the first time I prepared this myself and wasnt disappointed..I remember having bread chana in our college canteen..And it was one of my favorites there..Here is a simple channa recipe which was passed onto me by my mom..

Ingredients

Chick peas/garbanzo beans - 2 cups
Chopped onion - 1/2 cup
Tomato - 1
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Cardamom - 2
Cloves  - 2
Coriander powder - 1 tspn
Cumin powder - 1 tspn
Fenugreek seeds(methi) - 1/2 tspn
Kasoori methi(optional) - 1 tspn
Black peppers - 4 to 5
Chili powder - 1 tspn
Oil/ghee - 1 spoon
Coriander leaves

Salt to taste

Directions

Soak chick peas in water overnight and pressure cook them.
Puree the tomatoes into a smooth paste.
Dry roast all masalas cardamom,cloves,fenugreek and black pepper and powder them.
Heat oil/ghee, fry onions and ginger-garlic paste till the onions turn translucent.
Add the tomato paste, masala powder, chili powder, salt . Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the cooked chick peas, kasoori methi and cook for another 5mins. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with pooris, chapathis or baturas..


Sending this to Srivalli's Curry Mela..

16 comments:

  1. Yummy channa, i can imagine with pooris, Div!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love channa masala, looks yummy yummy, like Cham me to imagine with pooris!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious..chana salad in one of my fave. these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum channas ...best combo with puries and baturaa....luv ur homemade burgers tooo....ur recipe rock divya...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i make chana masala all the time. love it. nice recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best with batura, Divya! Looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. chana masala is my fav. too. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the channa..we used to get it in our canteen too...we used to crush samosas and eat it with chana..yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Divya..looks great..do send this for the curry mela..

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks yummy...feel like eatin with rice...gonaa prepare today,..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pooris with channa masala, combo made in heaven ..Looks YUM Divya..

    ReplyDelete
  12. bread-chana used to be my dinner/tiffin/lunch for soooo many days at work. this post takes me down the memory lane :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. CHANNA is such a nutritious and delicious dish! I make channa regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks delicious. must be very flavorful too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. my all time fav..channa masala is simply the best :)..doesnt need much thinking..always comes to our rescue when onw is in a hurry..good one divs :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...